Edwin Raben, best sommelier for many years in Holland and the journalist Lars Daniëls visited us last month. We tasted Soluna wines and ended the night with Cristina’s famous empanadas and steaks.
- Senior Editor at Perswijn, the leading Dutch wine magazine, with a circulation of 10.000 copies per issue, published 8 issues/year with four supplements dedicated to a specific country or region. He contributes monthly to www.wijnpers.nl and on the magazine to a series about Grape Varieties and the origin of wine aromas on the magazine. Lars writes articles on a diversity of subjects, mainly terroir related and also larger publications about wine regions.
- He holds Magister Vini (the Dutch equivalent of MW)
- Lecturer at Wijnacademie Maarn on Rhône, Jura, Savoie and Switzerland
- Member of the examining board of the Dutch Wine Academy (De Wijnacademie)
- Founder of Wine of Lars, a wine consulting and trading services company, providing wine education and quality wines to restaurants and individuals.
- Best Sommelier of the Netherlands for 10 years and was semi-finalist in several European and International
- Sommelier Competition, 3rd place at Paris Worldwide championship of 1997
- President of the Dutch Guild of Sommeliers, highly involved in wine education, independent consultant
- Founder of Edwines (2009), his own company offering wine education, and wine tastings.
- Former co-owner of the restaurant on Wolfslaar Estate in Breda
- Formerly sommelier at the Hotel Gastonomique Echoput (Hoog Soeren), Landgoed Lauswolt, Restaurant La Rive (Amstel Hotel) and Restaurant de Zwethheul (Schipluiden)